Female Deficit in Asia: Trends and Perspectives
International conference, Singapore, 5-7 December 2005
Organized by CEPED - CICRED - INED
Hosted by the Asian MetaCentre for Population and Sustainable Development Analysis
In a context of rapid social and economic change, characterized most notably by rapid fertility decline and economic growth, several Asian countries are witnessing an exacerbation of discrimination against women from conception to adulthood. As a result, an almost simultaneous female deficit has emerged in regions of Asia over the last three decades, leading to a gradual masculinization of the population.
The conference will be held in Singapore at the Asian Metacentre for Population and Sustainable Development Analysis on 5-7 December 2005. Centers and scholars working on population are invited to communicate to the conference secretariat a proposal on this theme.
The conference is organized by CEPED, CICRED and INED in order to promote South-South and North-South exchange with support from the Asian MetaCentre for Population and Sustainable Development Analysis, Singapore.
CALL FOR PAPER PROPOSALS
- Deadline for submission of paper proposals: 1 June 2005
- Notification of acceptance: end of June 2005.
- Final papers should be submitted to the Committee before 30 October 2005.
- Help for accommodation in Singapore may be offered to participants with their own funding by the conference staff.
- Dr I Attané, Ined/Ceped, Paris (scientific coordinator: attane @ ined.fr)
- Dr CZ Guilmoto, IRD/LPED, Paris (scientific coordinator: guilmoto @ ird.fr)
- Prof. PN Mari Bhat, IIPS, Mumbai
- Dr Annabel Desgrées du Loû, Ceped/IRD, Paris
- Prof. Gavin Jones, Asian Metacentre, Singapore
Dr Li Shuzuo, Xi'an University, Xi'an
- Dr. J Véron, Ined, Paris
Information and contact:
- For more information on submission, see this page
- Conference-related correspondence should be addressed to: email@example.com
- Secretariat: c/o Cicred
133 Boulevard Davout 75980 Paris cedex 20 France
Phone: 33 1 56 06 20 19